8th Paint Sarasota Paint Out - Light Chasers 2020
- Dates: January 16 - January 22, 2020
- Entry Fee: $30. Light Chasers are eligible for special pricing offered in our MEMBERS PACKAGE. Click here for more information. No refunds after December 1, 2019.
- Judging: Prizes will be awarded during the Opening Festivities on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
- Stamping: The work you submit for judging must be stamped on the back of your painting. We will stamp surfaces at the Gazebo at Phillippi Estate Park starting Thursday, January 16, 2020 between 9am and Noon. You will also be able to get surfaces stamped between 9am and 10am on Monday, January 20, 2020 at the Gazebo. Address:
- Phillippi Estate Park
- 5500 S. Tamiami Trail
- Sarasota, Fl 34231
- Split: Artists keep 70 % and Keith Farmhouse Restoration Fund will receive 30%
- Drop Off: Artists may select ONE painting to be juried and hung in the show. Drop off is Thursday, January 23, 2020 at the Edson Keith Mansion at Phillippi Estate Park from 9 am to Noon. Late paintings will not be accepted.
- Pick up: Monday, January 27, 2020 at the Edson Keith Mansion at Phillippi Estate Park from 9 am to Noon. If you cannot drop off or pick up, please ask another artist for help. Light Chaser Board Members will not be available for drop off or pick up for artists.
- For more information contact email@example.com
- To register click here.
Rules and Information
Painting Rules and Requirements
- Eligibility: The Paint Sarasota Paint Out is open for all artists 18 years of age or older.
- Stamping: All artists must check in at the Gazebo on Thursday, January 16th to get surfaces stamped. Extra stamping will be done Monday morning from 9-10 am. Artists may have as many surfaces stamped as they want! If you cannot make it on Thursday, you may have surfaces brought in to be stamped by another artist.
- Cost: Registration for the Paint Sarasota Paint Out is $30. No refunds after December 1, 2019. Payments may be made by check or credit card which is selected when registering.
- Where to Paint: Artists may paint anywhere in Sarasota County. You can see the borders here. Sarasota County includes Bee Ridge, Englewood, Gulf Gate Estates, Laurel, Nokomis, Northport, North Sarasota, Osprey, Sarasota, Sarasota Springs, Siesta Key, Southgate, South Venice, The Meadows, Vamo, Venice and Warm Mineral Springs.
We have DESIGNATED SPOTS FOR PAINTING EACH DAY. Artists can paint anywhere in Sarasota County. If you want to be near other artists and potential buyers you will want to paint in the daily designated areas. Designated Paint Out painting spots and days will be announced in the weekly email.
- Mediums and Sizes: Oil, pastel, acrylic, watercolor, pencils, and markers are all acceptable. Electronic painting or photography is not accepted. Any other medium must be approved by Mary Ann Ellicott before December 15, 2019.
There are size limitations as we are hanging three shows in the mansion. The largest painting surface allowed is 12 inches x 16 inches. This does not include the frame.
The only exception will be for watercolorists. We will accept ¼ sheet painting or 12x16. There are no exceptions this year.
- Click here for a printable copy the tracking label. Each label consists of 3 parts.
- One part is to be attached (taped) to the back of the painting
- One part is given to the Light Chasers representative at drop off.
- One part is kept by the artist and will be needed at pick up.
During the Opening Festivities, Light Chasers handle sales. We subtract the credit card fee, if that is how your buyer pays, from your total. Artists receive payment within 30 days.
- Wired with wire ends wrapped in tape. Wire should be securely attached to the back of the frame. The wire should be about 1/3 down from the top of the frame
- Saw tooth hangers, fishing line or chain is not acceptable.
- Mats, glass and plexiglass must be free of scratches and clean.
Light Chaser Boards Members will not mail or drop off your work or bring it to the field. You must make an appointment with the member storing you painting and pay your fine before you can pick up your painting. You can ask a friend or another artist to pick up your work. They will sign for it at pick up. If you know you cannot pick up your painting, please arrange for someone to pick it up. Light Chaser Board Members cannot be responsible for dropping off or picking up your paintings.
Good luck, happy painting, and have fun.
Paint Sarasota Paint Out.
Paint Sarasota Paint Out.