Paint Sarasota Paint Out - Light Chasers 2017
PAINT OUT IS FULL. NO MORE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE TAKEN.
- Dates: March 9 - 15, 2017
- Entry Fee: $30. Light Chasers are eligible for special pricing offered in our MEMBERS PACKAGE. Click here for more information. No refunds after January 1, 2017.
- Judging: Morgan Samuel Price will judge the paint out. Prizes will be awarded at the Gala at 7 pm.
- Stamping: The work you submit for judging must be stamped on the back of your painting. We will stamp surfaces at the Gazebo at Phillippi Estate Park starting on Thursday March 9th between 9 AM and Noon. You will also be able to get surfaces stamped between 9 am and 10 am on Monday, March 13 at the Gazebo.
- Phillippi Estate Park
- 5500 S. Tamiami Trail
- Sarasota, Fl 34231
- Split: Artists keep 70 % and Keith Farmhouse Restoration Fund will receive 30%
- Drop Off: Artists may select ONE painting to be juried and hung in the show. Drop off is Thursday, March 16 at the Edson Keith Mansion at Phillippi Estate Park from 9 am to Noon. Late paintings will not be accepted.
- Pick up: Monday, March 20 at the Edson Keith Mansion at Phillippi Estate Park from 9 am to Noon.
- Registration: Click here to register.
- Labels: Every painting submitted needs a TRACKING LABEL. Please bring this with you when you drop off your painting. Click here for a printable copy the label.
- For more information contact email@example.com
Rules and Information
Painting Rules and Requirements
- Eligibility: The Paint Sarasota Paint Out is open for all artists 18 years of age or older. There are two categories this year:
- PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: This will include all Featured Artists of the Light Chasers. The PROFESSIONAL LEVEL prizes will be chosen by the judge Most PROFESSIONAL LEVEL painters will make their living from their art.
- RISING STAR LEVEL: This level is for anyone who for any reason does not want to compete in the PROFESSIONAL LEVEL. It is simply YOUR CHOICE where you decide to compete.
- Stamping: All artists must check in at the Gazebo on Thursday, March 9th to get surfaces stamped and to pick up their gift bags. Extra stamping will be done Monday morning from 9-10 am. Gift bags will be not be available on Monday. Artists may have as many surfaces stamped as they want! If you cannot make it on Thursday, you may have surfaces stamped and your Gift Bag picked up by another artist.
- Cost: Registration for the Paint Sarasota Paint Out is $30. No refunds after January 1, 2016.
- Where to Paint: Artists may paint anywhere in Sarasota County. You can see the borders here. Sarasota County includes Bee Ridge, Englewood, Gulf Gate Estates, Laurel, Nokomis, Northport, North Sarasota, Osprey, Sarasota, Sarasota Springs, Siesta Key, Southgate, South Venice, The Meadows, Vamo, Venice and Warm Mineral Springs.
We have DESIGNATED SPOTS FOR PAINTING EACH DAY. Artists can paint anywhere in Sarasota County. If you want to be near other artists painting this is where to go!
- Friday, March 10 Historic Spanish Point
- Saturday, March 11 Town of Venice & Casperson Beach
- Sunday, March 12 Sarasota Bay Front
- Monday, March 13 Ringling Museum grounds
- Tuesday, March 14 Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Wednesday, March 15th Myakka
- Mediums and Sizes: Oil, pastel, acrylic, watercolor, pencils, and markers are all acceptable. Electronic painting or photography is not accepted. Any other medium must be approved by Terry Mason before February 1, 2017.
There are size limitations as we are hanging three shows in the mansion. The largest painting surface allowed is 12 inches x 16 inches. This does not include the frame.
The only exception will be for watercolorists. We will accept ¼ sheet painting or 12x16. There are no exceptions this year.
During the Gala, Light Chasers handle sales. We subtract the credit card fee, if that is how your buyer pays, from your total. Artists receive payment within 30 days.
- Click here for a printable copy the label. Each label consists of 3 parts.
- One part is to be attached (taped) to the back of the painting
- One part is given to the Light Chasers representative at drop off.
- One part is kept by the artist and will be needed at pick up.
- Wired with wire ends wrapped in tape. Wire should be securely attached to the back of the frame. The wire should be about 1/3 down from the top of the frame
- Saw tooth hangers, fishing line or chain is not acceptable.
- Mats, glass and plexiglas must be free of scratches and clean.
Terry will not mail, drop off work or bring it to the field. You must make an appointment with Terry and pay your fine before you can pick up your painting. You can ask a friend or another artist to pick up your work. They will sign for it at pick up. If you know you cannot pick up your painting, please arrange for someone to pick it up. Terry and Pam cannot be responsible for dropping off or picking up your paintings.
Good luck, happy painting, and have fun.
Paint Sarasota Paint Out.
Paint Sarasota Paint Out.