Light Chaser’s 7th Annual Show - 2018
THE ANNUAL SHOW IF FULL. IF YOU WANT TO BE ON A WAITING LIST, EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Opening Night Festivities: Friday, March 16,2018 from 5pm to 8pm.
- Entry Fee: $30. Entry fee is due at sign up. Light Chasers are eligible for special pricing offered in our MEMBERS PACKAGE. Click here for more information. No refunds after January 1, 2018.
- Judging: Two Featured Artists will judge the show. There will be prizes for first, second and third.
- Place: Opening Night Festivities will be held at:
- Edson Keith Mansion - Phillippi Estate Park
- 5500 S. Tamiami Trail
- Sarasota, Fl 34231
- Split: 70% to the artist and 30% to Keith Farmhouse Restoration Fund
- Drop Off: Artists may submit ONE painting to be hung in the show. Drop off is Thursday, March 15th at the Edson Keith Mansion at Phillippi Estate Park from 9 am to Noon. Late paintings will not be accepted.
- Pick up: Monday, March 19th at the Edson Keith Mansion at Phillippi Estate Park from 9 am to Noon.
- For more information contact email@example.com
- To register click here.
Regulations and Information
- Eligibility: The 7th Annual Light Chasers Show is open to Light Chaser MEMBERS only. We are having the FEATURED ARTIST SHOW and the 7th ANNUAL LIGHT CHASER SHOW together on Friday, March 16th. The Opening Night Festivities for the Paint Sarasota Paint Out will be on Saturday, March 17th.
- Cost: Registration for the 7th Annual Light Chaser’s Show is $30. You can pay by check or on line starting on November 12, 2017 using your Credit Card. All entry fees are due on sign up. If you want to pay by check, we must have that check by Saturday, November 18th or the opening will go to someone on the waiting list. To register, click here.
- Mediums and Sizes: Oil, pastel, acrylic, and watercolor are all acceptable painting mediums Electronic painting or photography is not accepted. Any other medium must be approved by Terry Mason before February 1, 2018. The largest painting surface allowed is 12 inches x 16 inches. This does not include the frame. Watercolorists use quarter sheets or 12 x 16. There are NO exceptions.
- Juror and Prizes: Our jurors will be TWO Light Chasers' Featured Artists. Jurors to be announced. There will be 3 prizes for the Light Chaser Show.
- Artwork: All paintings considered for the jury awards must be completed in the previous two years and may not have been shown at last years show.
- Sale: Artists receive 70% of the sale. 30% of the sale will go to the restoration of the Keith Farmhouse. Your painting does not HAVE to be for sale. You can mark your entry NFS or Not For Sale. We would like to keep the sold paintings hanging until Monday, March 19th to keep the show looking beautiful. We understand that sometimes the buyer needs to take the painting with them. If that is the case, we will honor that. Please work that out with Light Chasers staff.
Removing paintings early is not allowed for any reason except the sale of the painting. If you remove your painting before Pick Up Day for any other reason you will be banned from further shows. If you need help with pick up, please arrange that with a friend or another artist. We are great at helping each other out in Light Chasers but we want our show to stay beautiful to the very last moment. Thank you for understanding.
Framing: There will be a table available for framing and touch ups on drop off day. Paintings need to be dry and framed and ready to hang before jurying takes place. Cropped canvases are acceptable as long as they are toned or painted on. Watercolors must be matted and framed. All juried work must be framed or ready to hang.
Framed pieces must be:
- Wired with wire ends wrapped in tape. Wire should be securely attached to the back of the frame. The wire should be about 1/3 down from the top of the frame
- Saw tooth hangers, fishing line or chain is not acceptable.
- Mats, glass and plexiglas must be free of scratches and clean.
Labels: Every painting submitted needs a TRACKING LABEL. Please bring this with you when you drop off your painting. If needed blank labels will be available on drop off day.
Click here for a printable copy the label. Each label consists of 3 parts.
- One part is to be attached (taped) to the back of the painting
- One part is given to the Light Chasers representative at drop off.
- One part is kept by the artist and will be needed at pick up.
- Click here for a printable copy the label. Each label consists of 3 parts.
Members PackageThe Light Chaser Members Only Special Package Deal costs $85 and includes entry into the following:
- Light Chaser's 7th Annual Show
- Paint Sarasota Paint Out!
- Light Chaser's Quick Draw
- 2 Raffle Tickets for Joseph Melancon’s painting entitled Wave Runners #2