June 2017 Thursday Locations
Below are the directions to the painting location for June 2018
June 1: Ken Thompson Park
- GPS: Ken Thompson Park 1700 Ken Thompson Parkway Sarasota, Fl
- DIRECTIONS: From Tamiaimi Trail go towards St. Armonds Circle via SR789 or Gulfstream Avenue. Pass through the Roundabout in St. Armond's Circle. Take the first right onto Ken Thompson Parkway. At the light where you see signs to Mote Marina and the Aquarium take a RIGHT. All along this route to the circle at the end of the road are wonderful places to paint.
June 8: North Jetty Beach
- GPS: 1000 South Casey Key Road Nokomis, FL 34275
- DIRECTIONS: From I-75 take Exit 195. Go WEST on Laurel Road. Turn LEFT on Tamiami Trail/US 41. Albee Road is at the 3rd traffic light. Turn RIGHT. Go over the drawbridge and then turn LEFT. North Jetty Beach is at the end of the island.
June 15: Casperson Beach
- GPS: Harbor Drive Venice, Florida 34285
- DIRECTIONS: If you are coming from the North on I-75 take Exit 195 Laurel/Nokomis. Drive about 3 miles and turn LEFT on Tamiami/US 41. Stay to the right to take BUSINESS US 41. Go over the bridge to Venice Ave. Turn RIGHT. Turn LEFT on Harbor Drive and go to the end. You will see signs to all the beaches. Go past Sharky's all the way to the end at Casperson Beach. There are several parking lots to choose from. Most folks walk past the facilities and head down the road to the beach. If you are coming from the South on I-75 take Exit 193 Jacaranda Blvd. Head South and turn RIGHT on to Venice Avenue. Follow the above directions.
June 22: Siesta Key Beach
- GPS: 948 Beach Road Sarasota, FL 34242
- DIRECTIONS: From I 75 take Exit 205/Clark Road. Drive west through the light at Tamiami Trail/US 41. The road turns into Stickney Paint Road. Go over the bridge and turn Right on Midnight Pass. Follow the signs to the public beach and turn Left into the parking lot. Stay to the left if you want to meet up with other painters. Plenty of views!
June 29: Bayfront Park
- GPS: 1 Marina Plaza Sarasota, FL 34236
- DIRECTIONS: From I-75 take Fruitville Rd Exit 210 to Tamiami Trail/Us 41. Turn Left and drive to the Ringling light just past Main Street and the great statue of the WWII soldier embracing a nurse in a victory kiss! If coming from the North turn Right into the parking lot. If coming from the South, take the left at the 301/Tamiami Trail fork. Drive to Ringling Blvd and turn Left into the parking area.